Decorating a small room is hard enough, but choosing window treatments for small rooms can be maddening. Here are some great small room decorating tips to help you choose just the right window treatments the first time.
- Remember the windows are an extension of the walls, and cover a large decorating area. Keeping that in mind, when decorating a small space the first thing you must know is whether you are decorating to make the room look larger, or cozier. There is no right or wrong answer, just what feeling you are looking for in your small room.
- If you are trying to make the room look as large as possible, keep the window treatments simple. Don’t layer window treatments if possible, and make sure all the window treatments in the room are the same.
- Another way to make a small room look larger is to make the color of the window treatments closely match that of the walls. That way, they will blend with the walls instead of causing contrast. Contrast causes your eye to stop, and therefore makes a small space seem even smaller.
- Blinds are a great option to make a room look larger, as they can be pulled totally clear of the window, almost disappearing. This allows more light to enter the room when open as well, also making any room look larger and brighter. If you hang curtains, make sure when they are open they draw totally clear of the window for the same reason.
- If your goal in your small room is to make is cozy, you still will want to keep the window treatments simple to keep from becoming the focal point and overpowering a small room. However, consider adding texture, color or pattern to wrap the room in comfort. Woven blinds, simple curtain panels or roller shades fused with a fabric from the room are great choices.
And if money is no object, then look at these modern panel curtains by Creation Baumann!
Decorating a small space can seem like a challenge, but with a few easy tips, you can create a beautiful room no matter what it’s limitations are.Image Credits: Houzz, westelm, creationbaumann